Tuesday, July 05, 2005

KABLAAM! Was that a bottle rocket in your hand, or are you just happy to see me.

The weekend leading up to the 4th of July was fun. After being on disability from 1/1/2004 - 3/2005, my doctor's have given me the thumbs up to exercise again. Exercise equates to a god aweful amount of bicycling. I think I bicycled 80 miles this weekend. Not much in the scheme of things, but it was a good start to get me up and going again. I never mind going on my own, but it is fun with others. Only problem is that the ones going with me complain that their butt hurts after mile 4. I am trying to work back up to my 32+ a day rides. In the two weeks I've been working on this, I've lost 11 pounds. The Key, don't eat crap and drink lots of water!! With a potassium drink somewhere in there.

This is the busiest weekend I've had in a long time. Normally I will just cuddle into a chair and knit, knit, knit, knit away the hours. This weekend, I went for an after work group meeting (if I had a camera so you could see how gorgeous the men in this group are, you'd all be needing little baby wipes). That was 1 hour, then I went bicycling for 10 miles. Home, shower, start the new project like the white camisole top. It's with Debbie Bliss's Cotton/Angora. The top should be slightly different, I'm trying to work out the tweaks. I've only got about 2 inches of k2/p2. It's the top section that will require my attention. In this one, however, I think i'm going to knit in a underwire, and a little padding. It's for one of my friends. Then I'll end up making one for myself. In anticipation of me losing more weight. I don't want to wear one of these now and get busted for visual assault. (You have the right to remain silent. Anything you wear, CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of fashion law. You have the right to consult a fashion attorney before speaking to the fashion police, If you cannot afford a fashion attorney, then a buyer from Walmart will be appointed for you.......)

Then Saturday morning, up at the crack of dawn and I had an early morning bicycle ride for a 1 hour group meeting on the beach, then bicycle back. Load my bike, go home, lay down for 1 hour, get up, wait for my friend Rachel to show up, get bikes and bicycle to beach. Glory in the sun(burn for her) -and yes, we used sunblock. Rode back. Took a shower, and took off for a bbq party in Portola Hills. Had an Awesome time. The people were hilarious. The food was great. And I have managed to score a whole living room set for $250. I'm incredibly psyched. I have a NEW KNITTING CHAIR. I cannnnnoooottt wait for this. My only fear is the amount of shedding the yarns will do on the chair. I'll be taping constantly. Got home at 1 am. slept. kinda.

Up at dawn, shower, wait for friend to come by. Bicycle to beach. It's the 4th of July, so everyone is happy and in a great mood. I should have taken pictures of all the little puppies in the 4th of July best wear, riding in bicycle baskets, of parrots, wearing their gear sitting on the bicycle handbars. The boardwalk was alittle tough to maneuver. There should be an IQ requirement for poeple to be on the bike path. We get all types blocking the whole damned path so they can all see each other when they talk. And then get angry when the bicyclists on the bike path ring their bells to have them move over. Or parents who don't watch their kids on their little bikes, or skateboards and they jut out in front of oncoming bike or roller blade traffic. It is extremely dangerous. And then the parents get all mad because someone ran into their kid. The sun was awesome, started my summer tan. After two years of not being able to go into the sun, I have welcomed this with such glee. At they end of our sun worship, we bicycled to a bbq that was at the 11th station, by the refinery, ate a bit. Biked back. Went home, showered, and got ready for a 4th of July BBQ party for fireworks. Got there, had alot of fun. Bless the guys across the street, they had gotten their fireworks from Mexico, so they were launching thunderous explosions into the air. It rocked!!! Then our host and his son played on their trumpets the Star Spangled Body, The Hymn of the Republic and the Marine Corp hymn for the finanle, it was great. the Whole neighborhood was singing and clapping. It was very cool!!!

Then off to home and YES, I was able to knit for about 2 hours. I felt like I was going through withdrawal. Tonight, after work, I go for my 10 miles bike ride, then it's off to my knitting SNB meeting in Costa Mesa. Where I will be able to blissfully knit for a few hours and hours. I will take pictures and post them tonight.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home