Thursday, June 16, 2005

Say what? I'm sure your trying to turn off those little floating lighbulbs over your head. What in the heck does AITE EIZOU mean. In Japanese it means (loosely translated) The Reflection of the one whom I must face. That would be ME.

Hi, I'm Diana, and I am a yarn addict. They always say the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. They also say that talking about it helps. So, here on this universal toll road to a small section of my brain, are my little adventures in beating yarn addiction. Not all adventures are exciting, but we always learn from what we do. We hope.

Right now it is about 6:00 p.m. PST. I have a busy night tonight and it will keep me from knitting. You smirk, you laugh, but for those of you who can understand, it rings out the word DENIED. Denied the chance to knit tonight.

WHY? My aunt is moving to Japan and has given me carte blanche to the items in her home to keep. Since I was a kid, there are items that I have practically coveted. Always, "it will be mine" would bounce around in my head, and then a string of guilt would accompany those thoughts. Now, "IT WILL BE MINE!!!" I must relay thanks to my aunt, whom I adore and will miss greatly for the items that will make my home look like I've always wanted, but couldn't afford.

But, tonight, I have some stuff to pick up. I live in Huntington Beach, California, and my aunt lives 45 minutes way in Torrance. So I have to battle the dragons of traffic (SUV's with cell phones attached to really annoying little trolls). A 25 minute ride should take me 1 1/2 hours, if I'm lucky.

I am also redecorating my house and must have it ready by Saturday morning. Another light bulb just popped up....why? My nephew, Jake (named after the character in the Sixteen Candles Movie "Jake Ryan") will be visiting me for the first time. He has lived in Spain and Canada and other parts of the US, far from me, and he is now local (within 3 hours for people who do not live in a metropolitan area). I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. He's 10 and will be 11 in August, and from what I understand, WILL wear the items I knit. His little cousin, Malena is getting a Hello Kitty Knitted felt backback for school next year. She just doesn't know it yet.
I will post a picture tomorrow, when I can figure out HOW to post a photo.

Well, as much as I would love to post more...I better start off so that i'm not moving items in the dark. I still have yet to paint the wood trim in my bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home