Friday, June 17, 2005

Well, ok, I am literally amazed that I am up and conscious. I made the 25 minute trip in 2 hours. Go figure, some poor soul gets half his car removed involuntarily by another Freeway Dragon, and the accident happened right at the exit I needed to get off at. I felt really bad for the person in the accident though. His car was a total loss. You couldn't save that car - EVER!. That has GOT to suck.

Well, I managed to fit an amazing amount of items into my car, and forgot one of the main things I went there for. I swear, brainlock on my behalf. I got my booty home, unloaded, and started to rearrange my living room. I am almost done. I gave up at 6:00 a.m. this morning. Still didn't get around to painting the damn bathroom.

Ironically, I sat down for a break and picked up my alien illusion scarf I started last week without even realizing I picked it up. It's very similar to those people who smoke so often that they don't realize they are smoking. So my knit-jones wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'll have to post a picture of the little scarf this weekend. I did it in a cornflower blue and a dark red and black twist color. I am making the scarf for me, and I wouldn't wear neon green or orange with black, so I opted for other colors. I'm 1/2 japanese, so neon green and orange make me look sallow.

In moving stuff around, I did get to fondle my yarn quite extensively. And then did the unthinkable. I took a break and ordered some Alpaca off the internet. What on earth is my problem. I have a huge yarn stash that some smaller stores would pummel for. I need a knit addiction sponsor...have them talk me down from buying when I shouldn't.

OH.... here is the picture of the Felted Hello Kitty backpack both front and back that I mentioned yesterday. I haven't gotten to the lining, the shoulder straps or the drawstring part. But you will be able to see the general idea behind it. The plan is to have the straps felted separately, and sew them on. Then wash them a second time to adhere it better. The inside will be lined with a really cute Cherry pattern, and the opposite non-visible side it will have a plastic lining sewn in so that any moisture can be dumped out instead of sink through the wool. Plus there will be a little spot for a cell phone, camera and keys. Then it will have gussets where the drawstring comes out so it doesn't fray at the yarn itself. Then I'm putting in a plactic board that slides into slots at the bottom/inside of the backpack. This backpack isn't for books, it's for going to the beach, or the pool. Many people thought I was nuts trying this as my first felting project, and I have to admit that all of them were right. It has been a brain-twister. I just hope I don't screw it up at the last minute. I did another backpack afterwards, and I screwed that baby up so bad, i'm surprised the sheep aren't asking for their wool back.

With so many projects floating around my house, you'd think I denuded a flock of sheep. EWE Got it! Now that I've dipped my toe into the wide world of felting, i'm hooked. I have so MANY projects planned, and am currently working up the graph charts for all the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home