Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. That is the tune I have on my cell phone when anyone from my doctor's office calls me. Why? Isn't it self-evident. Whenever I get any kind of news it's one of the three. Rarely the first, but sometimes it is good. I had some good news, and I am happy with that. In the meantime, I was able to knit my little heart out while in the waiting room for my 2 appts yesterday. Unfortunately, during the second one, I didn't know they were going to dilate my eyes. You can't do anything when they do that, except blink madly and pray that the funky swollen feeling goes away before you are thrust back into the sunshine where you are further blinded.

I am almost done with my white camisole I am making for my friend Franki. Franki is the lead singer for the punk/alternative band, Franki and the Broken Toys. You can visit their site at http://www.myspace.com/brokentoybox



I thought she'd like something a little frilly to wear for the summer. Luckily, Franki's measurements are almost identical to my dress form (with the addition of a larger cup size). I have the lining and fastening the back to complete.



Hopefully, I will have it completed by tonight. I have other projects planned for my god-daugthers. I think a wrap-around for when they go to the beach. Which, considering they live only 10 minutes bike ride from the ocean, is often. I'm just not sure whether to make it knee length or full length.

Eventually I will figure out what to make myself this summer. I have some blue cotton/angora from Debbie Bliss that I want to make into something. I just don't know what. I made a scarf out of some of the stuff, but it shed like a mother...
I figure with extensive use the shedding will stop, but I love the way it feels after it's been used for awhile.

My aunt has finally decided that we need to move all the stuff out of her home, and my very neurotic mother wants to make sure that her 20 phone calls a day to make sure that I have Saturday the 9th reserved. I'm not sure now...I think it will take at least 30 phone calls to assure that space is reserved. ARGHHH! I'm amazed I didn't come through life this far without developing a massive obsessive/compulsive complex of some sort. Fortunately, I am too laid back to allow that to happen.

Well, I'm off to see if my neon green wool yarn has come in. I am making an Oscar the Grouch felted backpack for my friend, and the perfect green is needed, or else Oscar will look like he is washed/faded out, and we can't have a grump being faded.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home